Importing clients to JivoChat
Now you have a new alternative to import your customer data to JivoChat. In this tutorial, you will learn how to migrate all your customer data at once to JivoChat from a CSV spreadsheet.
Step 1: Accessing the JivoChat CRM
Log in to your JivoChat account and make sure you have administrator access. In the left column, click on 'CRM' and then 'Customers'.
Step 2: Selecting the .csv file to import
At the top of the CRM page, click on the 'Import customer' option, as in the image below and then select 'Upload CSV file'.
Step 3: Preview the file
Now a screen will appear with the contacts contained in the imported spreadsheet. The data must be separated into columns, as in the example below.
If it is not separated by columns, check the specifications that your file must have for import in the topic 'Specifications of the CSV file' at the end of the page.
If the information is correct, select 'Add clients to Jivochat'
CSV file format
- It has to be a CSV file, each line will be recognized as a client.
- You should use UTF-8 character encoding.
- Max size of the file is 100 MB.
- Use semicolon for a delimiter (;).
- Use quotation marks to surround a field if its data contain commas.
- The first line in the file — column names. It’s important that columns have the following pattern:
- name - client’s name (can’t be empty);
- phone - client’s phone number;
- email - client’s email;
- owner - assigned agent’s email;
- details - any client’s information;
- tags - comma-separated client’s tags;
Important: make sure each client has email or phone (or both) fields filled.
If you get an error when trying to upload the file you should troubleshoot the file, fix errors and try to upload it one more time.
In this link we provide an example of a .csv import spreadsheet: click here
Extra: To modify commas to semicolons in a spreadsheet using Notepad, you can follow the steps below:
- Open the spreadsheet file in Notepad. To do this, right-click on the spreadsheet file, select "Open with," and choose Notepad.
- In Notepad, press "Ctrl + H" to open the "Replace" dialog box.
- In the "Find what" field, type "," (comma), and in the "Replace with" field, type ";" (semicolon). Make sure there are no spaces in the fields.
- Click on "Replace All" or press "Alt + A" to replace all occurrences of commas with semicolons in the file.
- Close the "Replace" dialog box and save the file. To save, click on "File" and choose "Save" or press "Ctrl + S."
After these steps, all the commas in the spreadsheet file will be replaced with semicolons.
After that clients will be added to JivoChat. You can find them in CRM > Clients and continue working with them from JivoChat app.